Advantages of the Visian ICL™
- Quality of Vision: The Visian ICL™ can help patients achieve 20/20 vision with excellent depth and dimension.
- Biocompatibility: The collamer lens is composed of a copolymeric material that proves to be reliable, not causing a reaction by the body’s immune system.
- Versatility: The Visian ICL™ can treat a wider range of myopia cases than LASIK or PRK since it does not alter the shape of the eye.
- Simplicity: Once the lens is placed in the eye, no additional maintenance is needed.
- Safety: More than 500,000 eyes have been improved with the Visian ICL™, making it a well-established system for vision correction.
- Lens Placement: Since the lens is implanted behind the iris, it is virtually undetectable.
- Removable – Although the Visian ICL™ is meant as a permanent device for vision correction, the lens can be removed or replaced if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Visian ICL™ has proven to be a reliable solution for myopia (nearsightedness), providing exceptional vision results for many people. See below for common questions about the procedure, as well as answers from our Virginia Beach eye doctors>.
Am I a good candidate for the Visian ICL™?
Those between the ages of 21 and 45 who suffer from moderate to severe myopia tend to be the best candidates for the Visian ICL™. Patients should not have previously undergone a corrective eye surgery, and they should not have a history of an ophthalmic disease such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, or iritis.
What are the benefits of the Visian ICL™?
The Visian ICL™ can effectively correct myopia without damaging the corneal tissue. The small incision is just large enough to fit the lens and doesn’t require any sutures. This lens is composed of the biocompatible material Collamer, which functions well with the body and doesn’t cause a reaction. Once this is placed inside the eye, you can achieve long-lasting vision improvement.
What if my vision changes?
Should your eye prescription change, the Visian ICL™ can be replaced. You can also wear glasses or contact lenses to account for the vision change, or you may have the Visian ICL™ removed to undergo a surgical eye correction.
Can the lenses dry out or get dirty like a contact lens?
No. The Visian ICL™ doesn’t require any maintenance, though we recommend continuing to see your eye doctor once a year to monitor your eye health.
Is the Visian ICL™ noticeable?
No. The Visian ICL™ cannot be seen by the naked eye, so no one will notice you are even wearing a corrective lens. Only your eye doctor will be able to detect the presence of a lens.
What is the Visian ICL™ composed of?
The lens material used in the Visian ICL™ procedure contains a purified collagen known as Collamer. Proprietary to STAAR Surgical Company, this material is a stable option that responds well with the body. The lens also provides a filter from ultraviolet light.
How long will the Visian ICL™ stay in my eye?
The Visian ICL™ is meant to stay in the eye without the need for additional care. If the lens needs to be removed or replaced, a trained ophthalmologist can easily do so.
Can the Visian ICL™ be felt once is in place?
No. Since the lens is placed between the iris and the natural lens, patients don’t notice the sensation that a foreign object is in their eye.
Contact Virginia Eye Consultants
Want more information about Visian ICL™? Schedule your consultation or call (800) 679-1541 to learn more from our friendly, knowledgeable staff.