Residency Program Supervisor
Walter Whitley, OD, MBA, FAAO
Virginia Eye Consultants
241 Corporate Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23502
Shital Mani, O.D.
Director of Residency Programs
Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
8360 Old York Road
Elkins park, PA 19027
Residency candidates must earn the degree of Doctor of Optometry from a school or college of optometry accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education prior to the starting date of the residency program.
Candidates must have passed the NBEO Part I and Part II, having preferably taken Part III by application deadline. The selected candidate must have passed all sections of the NBEO by start date.
Candidates must be eligible to be licensed as an optometrist in the state of Virginia by the start date.
It is the policy of Virginia Eye Consultants to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability.
Application to the residency programs is in conjunction with the Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch) which is a program of the Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO) and it is supervised by the ORMatch Committee. ORMatch is administered by National Matching Services Inc. Applicants must apply through ORMatch online at www.natmatch.com/ormatch.
Please submit the following directly to the program director:
- Letter of interest explaining why you wish to pursue this residency (email is acceptable)
- Resume / curriculum vitae (email is acceptable)
- Current optometric transcript (complete transcript when available, copy is acceptable)
- Current NBEO transcript (complete transcript when available, copy is acceptable)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can attest to your clinical abilities (an email version of the letter is acceptable)
Candidates are evaluated on the basis of clinic and academic competence, interest in the program area, recommendations, and interpersonal skills.