Associate Professor, Eastern Virginia Medical School
Getting to Know Dr. Scoper
Dr. Stephen Scoper is a board-certified, fellowship-trained ophthalmologist and the Vice President of Virginia Eye Consultants. He is a leading LASIK surgeon in the Virginia Beach area and is considered an expert in Advanced Technology Intraocular Lens for cataract surgery. Dr. Scoper is committed to the mission of providing comprehensive eye care utilizing the latest advancements in vision technology. His expertise is recognized worldwide, and other physicians often refer their complex refractive surgery cases to him.
In addition to his work at VEC, Dr. Scoper is an associate professor of ophthalmology at Eastern Virginia Medical School. He is passionate about treating patients, as well as teaching others and conducting research – all qualities that set VEC apart from other eye care practices. When patients choose VEC, they receive care from eye care specialists like Dr. Scoper who are at the top of their field.
Dr. Scoper is active in research and he stays involved in new advancements in vision care, especially in the field of intraocular lenses. He has served as lead investigator in clinical trials and has presented his work locally and internationally. Dr. Scoper has also published in several respected professional journals.
Dr. Scoper and his wife, Nancy, have two adult daughters.
Areas of Emphasis
- LifeStyle Lens Cataract Procedures
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- Clinical Research
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Cornea, Anterior Segment, LASIK & Refractive Surgery
Dean McGee Eye Institute at the University of Oklahoma
Tulane University Medical Center
- Medical Degree
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Memberships & Affiliations
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Eye Study Club
- American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Society for Excellence in Eyecare
Honors & Awards
- Named Top Doc by Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2020, 2019
- Top 300 Leading Surgeons in the U.S, Ocular Surgery News, 2018
- Top 300 Leading Surgeons in the U.S, Ocular Surgery News, 2016
The Doctors at Virginia Eye Consultants have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.