Getting to Know Dr. Kurz
Dr. Christopher Kurz grew up in Southern California, where he graduated with honors and received his medical degree from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. He is an integral member of the Virginia Eye Consultants team, as he brings many years of experience, with a variety of skills, to treat corneal and cataract disease, perform refractive laser surgery, in addition to intraocular lens implantation.
Before joining the practice in Virginia, Dr. Kurz was an active service member in the United States Air Force. During his time on-duty, he served as an international humanitarian mission leader, in addition to being a flight and field surgeon. Swapping the beautiful beaches of Huntington Beach, CA, with Virginia Beach, VA, Dr. Kurz, and his wife have made the local area their home and enjoy all things water-related with their three children, Tessa, Lucy, and Warren.
- Corneal Disease & Transplants
- Refractive Surgery
- Intraocular Lens Implantation
- Cataract Treatment & Surgery
- Pre-/post-operative care
Education & Training
- Medical Degree
UC, San Diego School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
- Fellowship in Corneal Disease & Refractive Surgery
John A. Moran Eye Center
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Medical Service, The United States Air Force
- Outstanding Medical Service, Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Outstanding Medical Service, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan
The Doctors at Virginia Eye Consultants have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.